Interpersonal Influence Inventory Participant Guide
Do the people in your organization know how they "come across" to others? Help them to become more effective communicators, and show them how to use their influence wisely with the Interpersonal Influence Inventory 4th Edition (III). For over 20 years, this popular learning instrument has helped thousands of professionals assess their own influence styles and work toward communicating more effectively.
- Identify their preference for one of 4 personal influence styles: Passive, Assertive, Openly Aggressive, or Passively Aggressive
- Learn why assertive behavior is the one style that always yields positive results
- Understand how other influence styles can hamper interpersonal communication
- Discover the behavioral cues that signal each style
The III was developed to help individuals assess their interpersonal influence style. The model upon which the inventory statements are based is an assertive behavior model. This model suggests that 2 sets of behaviors create 4 behavioral mixes. One set of behaviors is related to an individual’s degree of openness or candor. Another set of behaviors is related to an individual’s degree of consideration for another or others.
When an individual employs these two sets of behaviors in varying proportions, an influence style is created. Depending on the relative use of each set of behaviors, 1of 4 influence patterns results.
How It Works
Presented with 40 statements, individuals choose 1 of 5 responses that they feel is most characteristic of their behavior, as they perceive it. Each set of statements measures influence style by focusing on the 4 indicators: thoughts, emotions, nonverbal behavior, and verbal behavior.
Uses for the III
The III is a useful instrument for many training purposes. Use it as a stand-alone instrument or as part of a larger training initiative. It’s also helpful as an objective, non-threatening means of diagnosing interpersonal tensions within groups. Other appropriate uses include:
- Negotiation: The III can show negotiators the attitudes and behaviors they take to the negotiating session and enlighten them as to how assertive styles of influence can produce win-win results.
- Leadership Skills Training: The III can help managers discover how they influence others and how assertive styles of influence can elicit more positive reactions to their visions and engender more productive and satisfied workers.
- Communication Skills Training: The III can help workers at all levels become aware of how they communicate with others. It can also show them how assertive behavior will help get their messages across clearly and directly and improve communication flow in general.
- Conflict Resolution: The III is useful in making individuals aware of how they handle conflict and in helping them to learn that conflict can be constructive if it is openly and clearly expressed.
What to Order/Product Contents
Order one Facilitator Guide and one Participant Guide per participant.
Participant Guide includes:
- 40-item inventory
- Pressure-sensitive scoring form
- Theoretical background
- Interpretative information
Call 1-888-889-2184 for your Complimentary Interpersonal Influence Inventory Theoretical Background.
How To Order