Jungle Escape 5th Edition Complete Game Kit
Team Building Games - Jungle Escape
Why can't these people work as a team?
As a trainer, you're familiar with this plea. We know teamwork is vital to organizational success, yet so many teams continue to struggle. Why? The answer may be as simple as this: they don't have a clear vision of how a well-oiled team looks, acts, and feels.
You can stand in front of your audience and tell - even push - them to be better team members, but we have a better idea. Let them experience it through customer service team building activities. Whisk teams away from the traditional classroom with Jungle Escape, one of our best-selling team building games that's been a perennial favorite among trainers since it was first introduced more than 30 years ago.
Fully immersed in a survival scenario, teams are challenged to work together to build a make-shift helicopter with only limited parts--and each other. Jungle Escape's hands-on design enables players to discover and practice critical group-process skills such as team planning, problem solving, decision making, and conflict resolution. Before they know it, they've experienced first-hand the differences between a Cohesive team and one that's Fragmented or Divergent. Participants will accomplish all of this through one of our best team building games.
- Understand the difference between Cohesive, Fragmented, and Divergentteams
- Learn and practice the nine elements of effective teamwork
- Experience vital group-process skills
- Demonstrate the balance between planning and implementation
- Recognize the impact of individual behavior on group productivity
- Establish action-planning steps for improved team performance
Stranded in a jungle after surviving an airplane crash, teams are challenged to build a helicopter to exact specifications using only toy parts, limited access to an assembled model, and teamwork. Starting with a planning phase, they discuss how to execute the project, and then the construction begins!
When the team believes they've properly built their aircraft, the facilitator checks the helicopter for accuracy and then records the amount of time that was dedicated to planning and construction. The winner? The team that spends the most time planning is typically the team that completes the project the fastest. Following the activity, team members take part in a discussion about team dynamics, offer insights, and create an action plan for improvement.
The Jungle Escape kit is packed with all the customer service team building activities and tools you need to deliver an interactive, 90-minute exercise that educates as it engages. From a comprehensive facilitator guide to colorful toy parts, a useful participant guides to support materials, an action video to an eco-friendly backpack, Jungle Escape provides the team building games and materials that will help develop your team into an effective unit capable of overcoming any obstacle. Heck, we even added a water bottle for trainers with a thirst for learning!
Jungle Escape is a snap to facilitate, whether you are a novice or a seasoned trainer. Use the customer service team building games of Jungle Escape as a powerful way to introduce basic team skills, improve productivity between multiple work teams, or energize mature teams.
Uses and Applications
Jungle Escape can be used as a standalone team building game or as part of a more comprehensive training program. It was developed specifically for new and intermediate work groups, but it's also an excellent refresher and energizer for more mature teams. You can also use the game to:
- Introduce the elements of effective teamwork
- Kick off a team-building workshop or seminar
- Improve productivity between multiple work teams
- Identify group issues or concerns that block team performance
- Energize established work teams
This team building game includes enough materials to train up to 3 teams of 5-6 people at one time. Many of the parts are reusable. Refill Participant Guides and additional helicopters are available for individual purchase.
- Jungle Escape Facilitator Guide
- Facilitator support materials on CD-ROM
- 18 participant guides
- 3 sets of reusable helicopter parts
- 1 helicopter to use as the facilitator’s model
- 1 helicopter screen
- 1 bag of assorted spare helicopter parts
- 1 eco-friendly backpack
- 1 reusable water bottle
Facilitator Guide Table of Contents
- Section 1: Getting Started
- Section 2: Theoretical Background
- Section 3: Workshop Guidelines
- Section 4: Facilitator Support
- Section 5: Sample Participant Guides
- Section 6: Inter-team Version Guidelines
How To Order