The Meeting Spectrum
An Advanced Guide for Meeting Professionals, 2nd Edition
Updated to include coverage of the latest in meeting technology, the second edition of the acclaimed reference for meeting planners is more comprehensive—and useful—than ever.
Whether you are a meeting professional or new to event planning…a corporate or association executive or independent consultant…the book synthesize what you need to know to achieve professionalism in the management of conferences, exhibitions, and conventions.
Co-author Rudy Wright shares three decades of industry knowledge and experience. He is a professional conference organizer, one of the first to earn the Certified Meeting Professional designation, and founding member/past president of Meeting Professionals International.
The Meeting Spectrum is organized into five parts packed with need-to-know topics including:
- Meetings and Meeting Managers—what makes a successful meeting, professionalism in the industry, and the Professional Conference Organizer (PCO) as part of an organization
- Planning—setting objectives, developing programs, selecting and working with speakers, and booking entertainment
- Administration and Logistics—budgeting and fiscal management, air and ground travel, promotion and marketing, food and beverage, and registration and housing
- Operations—audio-visual productions, event management software, teleconferencing, virtual meetings, venue selection, pre-meeting coordination, and meeting room set-ups
- International—hotels and facilities, exhibiting abroad, managing foreign currency, and avoiding customs and immigration bottlenecks
Plus, the book’s two appendixes conveniently compile lists of organizations in the event industry and web sites and software for event planners.
How To Order