Mentoring In The Moment Self Assessment
It used to be that mentors and mentees could set aside their work for regularly scheduled mentoring meetings. But given the time demands that most of us face, scheduling such "extracurricular" time has become tough - or just plain impossible. Today's mentors need to take advantage of everyday work situations as opportunities to mentor.
Mentoring in the Moment addresses this modern trend by providing a framework that mentors can use to identify and respond to mentoring opportunities. This 20-item instrument describes mentoring as a journey with specific phases that unfold over time, each requiring a different type of mentoring behavior. The art of mentoring "in the moment" lies in accurately gauging where mentees are in their developmental journey, and then altering your responses accordingly.
Mentees progress through a sequence of 4 developmental phases:
- I-Identification: Idealizing the mentor and asking for guidance.
- II-Growth: Sensing strengths and experimenting with behaviors.
- III-Separation: Wanting an independent identity.
- IV-Mutuality: Seeking and sharing experiences as an equal.
- Understand the four phases of the mentoring journey.
- Measure their effectiveness as a mentor in each of the four phases.
- Discover three types of mentoring responses.
- Learn how to recognize and respond to a mentee's specific developmental signals.
- Understand the 4 phases of the mentoring journey
- Measure effectiveness as a mentor in each of the 4 phases
- Discover 3 types of mentoring response
- Recognize and respond to a mentee’s specific developmental signals
The Participant Booklet includes pressure-sensitive scoring, descriptions of the phases of the mentoring journey, corresponding developmental signals, a checklist of mentoring behaviors, and action planning. Theoretical background, interpretive information, administrative guidelines, and a sample training design are featured in the Facilitator Guide.
How To Order